[dt_fancy_image type=”” lightbox=”0″ align=”right” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”10″ margin_right=”0″ margin_left=”20″ width=”300″ height=”” animation=”none” media=”” image_alt=”How to Find a Good Dentist in Australia” hd_image=”” image=”http://www.br17001.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/How-to-Find-a-Good-Dentist-in-Australia–300×201.jpg”][/dt_fancy_image]You have a toothache that you can’t ignore any longer. You need to find a dentist soon. Perhaps you just recently moved to a new town; your regular dentist retired or is on vacation; or your teeth have seemed just fine without dental care and you haven’t ever had to find a dentist before.
For whatever reason, you don’t know a good dentist.
How do you find a good one?
Tips For Finding a Good Dentist
- Ask your friends. Word of mouth is one of best ways you can find a dentist. A friend can give you insight into their dentist’s skills, specialties, how they run their business, and tip you off to any problems that they have had. One of the greatest advantages of getting a referral from a friend is that you can ask specific questions of importance to you that you might not expect to get answered well from a source that is unfamiliar with you.
- Check their credentials. If you find a dentist that you are interested in, check to make sure that they are professionally trained and licensed to practise dentistry.
- Talk to them in person. No research you do can substitute for visiting the dentist at their office and talking to them face to face. In person you will be able to gain valuable information that is impossible to gather over the phone or online.
- Scroll to the menu at the top of the page
- Click on “How it works” or “Home”
- Click on “Get Quotes Now”, and follow the simple instructions.
Two places to look online for your dentist are:
Dental Board of Australia (http://www.dentalboard.gov.au)
If the dentist in question is not listed there, then they are not a real dentist and you should definitely not use them.
Australian Dental Association (http://www.ada.org.au/Find-a-Dentist).
When you talk to them on the phone or visit their office you should ask about their training and education.
In Australia, a general dentist will have a BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) after four years of study from one of the Universities in Australia. After more post-graduate training, they will receive a DClinDent (Doctorate in Clinical Dentistry), previously referred to as a MDS or MDSc (Master of Dental Surgery/Science).
Intangible things are crucial in your decision to place your trust in a particular dentist.
For example, in person you can see how well they maintain their office, the demeanor of the dentist and the staff, the professionalism practised with other patients, and similar things.
This is where DentalBid is very useful.
Use DentalBid to find dentists in your area that are willing to offer you a competitive fee in exchange for the chance to showcase their practise. After you describe your needs on DentalBid, you will receive offers from dentists in your area. At that point, you can do your online research, talk to your friends, and decide which of those dentists might be your best option.
Contact the ones you want to visit by phone and make an appointment to visit in person.
As a DentalBid user, you are entitled to a free 15 minutes consultation from every dentist that bids on your treatment, and you can entertain as many bids as you like without any obligation.
Follow the steps below and see how much you can save on your dental needs:
DentalBid helps you care for your teeth, find a good price, and start a relationship with a highly qualified dentist in your area.